• 银元0个
  • GIS帝国居民
  • 帝国沙发管家
  • GIS帝国明星
  • GIS帝国铁杆
1楼#
发布于:2006-02-20 17:03
<P> FAQ:  Issues with Windows XP SP2 and ArcGIS 9.1 products</P>
<P>this has helped most XP SP2 users: <BR><BR><BR>As of XP SP2, Microsoft has turned on the Data Execution Prevention (DEP) feature that is embedded in the Athlon 64 processor (NX - no execute). This has also been defined for future Intel chips, although they won't be in production for a while. Data execution prevention (DEP) is a set of hardware and software technologies that perform additional checks on memory to help protect against malicious code exploits. <BR><BR>So when I tried to manually register the offending dlls, a DEP message appeared. Then I searched around the Web and found a way to temporarily run off DEP, install ArcGIS and then turn it back on. I was hoping this would not be an issue when I go to install ArGIS 9.0, but obviously it will be. <BR><BR>So here is how you disable DEP. It involves changing the boot.ini file, so make sure you are logged in as an administrator. Right click on My Computer and choose Properties. Click on the Advanced tab and then the Settings button under Startup and Recovery. You will see a line by the default operating system that reads "Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn <BR><BR>To change the boot.ini, click on the Edit button and then go and change /NoExecute=OptIn to /NoExecute=AlwaysOff. Save the file and then reboot. You should be able to install ArcGIS with no error 1904 messages. Once installed, you can change the boot.ini back to its original state to once again have that added layer of security. Below are all the different switches for the NoExecute parameter. <BR><BR>The Boot.ini file switches are as follows: <BR><BR>/noexecute=option - This is the default. DEP is enabled. There are four options to this switch: <BR>- OptIn - Default setting. Only Windows system binaries are monitored by DEP. <BR>- OptOut - Enables DEP for all processes. Users can create a list of applications which are not monitored by DEP using the DEP configuration options listed in the System Control Panel applet. <BR>- AlwaysOn - Enables DEP for all processes. DEP is always applied, and exceptions lists are ignored and not available for users to apply. <BR>- AlwaysOff - This disables DEP <BR>/execute - This disables DEP. <BR><BR>Hope this helps anyone facing similar issues with this type of setup. <BR></P>
举报 回复(0) 喜欢(0)     评分
游客

返回顶部